Peacemaking is not something new, but it was something discouraged in prior policy eras. The IPI seeks to be a major contributor to raising the awareness of tribal peacemaking and promoting its use in as many appropriate contexts as possible. To that end, we share peacemaking news including announcements about new peacemaking resources and stories of peacemaking in action.
- Article – “Beyond VAWA: Protecting Native Women From Sexual Violence Within Existing Tribal Jurisdictional Structures”
- Peacemaker Patrick Wilson Honored in Michigan
- News – Peacemaking featured in Trends in State Courts 2018 Annual Publication
- News – Tulalip Healing to Wellness Court graduates first person to complete program
- News – “As drug courts expand across the country, this tribe was one of the first for Native Americans”